Birth Certificates

Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are available through the Illinois office of vital statistics.

Consumer Protection

Advice on avoiding scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on a wide variety of other consumer topics. Learn more about consumer protection.

Disaster Preparedness

Information on preparing for earthquakes, hurricanes, and other disasters.

Federal Business Opportunities

Learn about the procurement procedures for doing business with the Federal government.

Flood Resources

Learn about the what to do about flooding in your area.

Government Resources

A list of government websites, offices, courts, etc. in one convenient place.

Grants and Federal Domestic Assistance

There are thousands of federal grant programs that your organization might be eligible for and I am often asked about what is available. Learn about the available resources to help eligible grant seekers find information on federal grants, loans, and financial assistance for projects, as well as on private funding.

Identity Theft

Information on how to protect your identity from being stolen.


Resources for Illinois residents who are seeking employment.

Missing Children

Please help us find these Illinois missing children.

Student Financial Aid

Learn about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.

Unclaimed Property

Illinois is holding huge amounts of unclaimed property. Is some of it yours? Common forms of unclaimed property include savings or checking accounts, stocks, uncashed dividends or payroll checks, refunds, traveler’s checks, trust distributions, insurance payments or refunds and life insurance policies, annuities, certificates of deposit, customer overpayments, utility security deposits, mineral royalty payments, and contents of safe deposit boxes.

Office Hours

My staff and I are committed to providing you with the best constituent services possible. To that end, in addition to my three full time Illinois offices in Rock Island, Peoria and Rockford, we hold satellite office hours in Galesburg and Sterling by appointment. These times are subject to change, so if you would like to schedule a meeting with a constituent advocate during these office hours or at another time, please call (309) 786-3406.


My Sterling office is in the City Hall Building (212 3rd Ave.) and is open by appointment.


My Galesburg office is located at 117 E. Main St. and is open by appointment.