MOLINE – Today, Congresswoman Cheri Bustos (IL-17) – a member of the powerful House Appropriations Committee – announced that health centers across the district will receive $391,626 in federal funding. These federal grants were awarded through the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Health Center Cluster Program that helps community-based health care organizations provide primary care for underserved communities. Congresswoman Bustos is a member of the Appropriations Subcommittee that oversees the Department of Health and Human Services.
“Community health centers play a vital role keeping our families healthy,” Congresswoman Bustos said. “These federal investments will help improve the ability of our health centers to serve the needs of hardworking Illinoisans and I’ll continue working to provide folks with quality, affordable health care.”
Below is a breakdown of the funding by recipient:
- Henderson County Rural Health Center: $12,356
- Whiteside County Health Department and County Community Health Clinic: $74,050
- Knox County Health Department: $12,382
- Heartland Health Services in Peoria: $123,982
- Crusaders Central Clinic Association in Rockford: $168,856